The software development industry is one of the most dynamically developing ones in the world. Demand for IT services, especially those related to software development, is that huge that nowadays there is a lack of qualified developers on the market. This is just one example of software development industry’s potential. What else should you know?
Check out our list of 9 interesting software development facts
2. The IT service market in the world is estimated at a total value of $3.8 trillion in 2019. In relation to the previous year, its value should increase by 3.2%.
3. The total value of the European market is around $240 billion. In the US, this amount reaches $1,35 billion.
4. There are already over 100,000 software and IT service companies in the US.
5. Over 50% of companies that use software development to develop their own products declare that they have used or benefited from outsourcing programming. They choose this option due to both high-quality guarantees and cost-effectiveness.
6. On average, there are five job positions per one developer. This trend shows the huge demand for programmers whose lack is so visible on the market.
7. Scrum is the most popular project development methodology.
8. Most often companies use the Jira tool for the agile management of projects. It is used by up to 45% of software development companies around the world.
9. Another pretty popular tool in the IT industry is Slack. A particular interest towards it is mainly shown by startups. It is estimated that 86% of startups around the world use this particular messenger.
10. Nearly 15% of surveyed companies declare that unrealistic expectations regarding projects in development cause the most frequent delays in work. 14.52% of the respondents were in favor of improper estimation, while 12.21% of companies admit that, in their case, incorrect specification of goals caused the main problems.