A quick start
An extensive community
What is React js. and why is it framework so popular? :)
Creating applications in React js. consists of building and composing further components. This is a very simple definition that shows the way it works. It should be emphasized that this library is responsible only for the view of the application. Therefore, this is not a type of MVC – Model – View – Controller.
Developers also appreciate the opportunity to access broad communities that not only grant technical support, but also provide ready-made solutions. In addition, the coding in React js. comes as relatively pleasant. It’s enough to get to know this library to see it for yourself.
Advantages and disadvantages
Like any other library or framework React js. has its pros and cons. The advantages include using the library on both client’s and server’s sides. Let us mention that React js. can be used simultaneously with other frameworks, which undoubtedly contributes to the advantages. What else? First of all, the fact that the components and data patterns provide high readability of the code and thus facilitate the work with large applications.
In turn, much less can be said when it comes to defects. Nevertheless, it should be remembered that React js. supports only the view layer. That is why to make a complete set of data for creating applications it is necessary to use another technology. From the developer’s point of view, the problem may also be placing “inline” forms and using JSX, which is not understandable for programmers who have not had an access to this library before.
Such services as Netflix, PayPal, Facebook, Instagram, Udemy and Gamepedia were created using React js. The list undoubtedly looks impressive. These examples can only confirm that the popularity of the library is fully justified. React js. it is not only effective, but also very functional.
2. Global companies support community development by creating projects that are very important to it. A good example is Google (created Angular framework) or Facebook (created the React.js framework).
6. Monopoly in web browsers. In principle, JS technology does not have any competition in this aspect. Browsers understand this language; thanks to which you can make any changes you require with JS.
1. No static typing. This may make it difficult to develop large applications, although you can also use the TypeScript overlay.
2. Tedious configuration. This applies to larger front-end projects. Configuration can be tedious due to the number of tools that need to work together to create an environment for such a project. This is directly related to the libraries operation.
3. Libraries. If the application depends on the code of many other projects (so-called libraries), then it is difficult to keep them in current versions as they quickly change and this may cause the need to adapt to the project.
A framework used to create graphical interfaces of web applications. It works great for large projects. It has been created and is maintained by Facebook. It is distinguished by high stability and quality comparing to other frameworks. There is a wide group of React users that makes it easier for developers to solve problems and exchange knowledge. Interestingly, React js. was used, for example, in the creation of Netflix and PayPal.
It is an open framework and platform for creating SPA – Single Page Application. It has been written in the characteristic language of TypeSrcipt. There are many websites, web and mobile applications based on this framework. Supported and developed by Google. For beginner developers, it creates a relatively smaller barrier to entry.
This framework uses HTML-based template syntax. It is used to build interfaces and single-page applications. Enables developers to write components quickly and easily. It is easy to integrate with other languages and applications.
Used to create highly scalable web applications – especially web servers. It enables the development of event-driven applications that use asynchronous input-output systems. It consists of a V8 engine, libUV library and several other libraries.
A very useful framework for creating problem solving tools. It makes it easier to write web applications – on the client’s side, using the Model – View – Controller pattern. Ember js. includes facilities to help you create applications such as a router and automatic page template updates.
Enables the control over the database and interface. Mentor is a full-stack framework. In the developer’s environment one can find the statement that this framework is the fastest way to create an application. Its advantage is an extensive community that grants substantive support to the other developers.