What is React js. and why is it framework so popular? :)
Creating applications in React js. consists of building and composing further components. This is a very simple definition that shows the way it works. It should be emphasized that this library is responsible only for the view of the application. Therefore, this is not a type of MVC – Model – View – Controller.
Developers also appreciate the opportunity to access broad communities that not only grant technical support, but also provide ready-made solutions. In addition, the coding in React js. comes as relatively pleasant. It’s enough to get to know this library to see it for yourself.
Advantages and disadvantages
Like any other library or framework React js. has its pros and cons. The advantages include using the library on both client’s and server’s sides. Let us mention that React js. can be used simultaneously with other frameworks, which undoubtedly contributes to the advantages. What else? First of all, the fact that the components and data patterns provide high readability of the code and thus facilitate the work with large applications.
In turn, much less can be said when it comes to defects. Nevertheless, it should be remembered that React js. supports only the view layer. That is why to make a complete set of data for creating applications it is necessary to use another technology. From the developer’s point of view, the problem may also be placing “inline” forms and using JSX, which is not understandable for programmers who have not had an access to this library before.
Such services as Netflix, PayPal, Facebook, Instagram, Udemy and Gamepedia were created using React js. The list undoubtedly looks impressive. These examples can only confirm that the popularity of the library is fully justified. React js. it is not only effective, but also very functional.
Why is Vue.js framework so effective? :)
In previous articles we presented the most popular JavaSript frameworks. This time, we will take a closer look at one of them – Vue js. This choice is not accidental, as Vue js. is getting better and better in comparison to other JS frameworks and regularly gains new supporters.
Vue js. is a very friendly framework for the beginners. It does not require the build system usage. To start the first work just add the <script> tag to the html. file and then you can move on to creating the first application. You do not need to have any special knowledge from the beginning. There are many courses available on the web that can help you take your first steps in Vue js. In addition, to the simplicity and low barrier of entry, you can still add good documentation and performance to its most important advantages.
Let’s also pay attention to its templates, reactivity, transitions, routing and components Vue js work is directly related to. This framework includes a dedicated routing solution that allows you to create a SPA. Furthermore, Vue js. has useful components that can be used after being added to other components. In this way, it is possible to provide specific developers with other functionalities. In addition, it is worth mentioning that Vue js. supports server side – rendering, animations and many more.
Of course, Vue js. it will not always be perfect. It all depends on the type of work and the developer’s assessment. However, it is certainly a framework that is worth bearing in mind.
2. Global companies support community development by creating projects that are very important to it. A good example is Google (created Angular framework) or Facebook (created the React.js framework).
6. Monopoly in web browsers. In principle, JS technology does not have any competition in this aspect. Browsers understand this language; thanks to which you can make any changes you require with JS.
1. No static typing. This may make it difficult to develop large applications, although you can also use the TypeScript overlay.
2. Tedious configuration. This applies to larger front-end projects. Configuration can be tedious due to the number of tools that need to work together to create an environment for such a project. This is directly related to the libraries operation.
3. Libraries. If the application depends on the code of many other projects (so-called libraries), then it is difficult to keep them in current versions as they quickly change and this may cause the need to adapt to the project.
The second functionality is the transfer of data in the reverse direction to the user. In this case, either the user themselves ask the server for data (for example by clicking on a specific button) or the server knows itself how to send such data.